News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
    Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Announcements

• paul

ATTN: BLACKFOOT   08/20/2017

Please register a new account. Tyralak will explain once you do. Thank you for shopping at Walmart.
Sign in to follow this  
Khas

Things from Star Wars Legends that you'd like to see return to canon

Well, ever since "Rebels" began reintroducing various things to canon (Interdictor Cruisers, TIE Defenders, Grand Admiral Thrawn, etc), I've been wondering what else will make it back into canon.  Well, in this thread, we'll list the things we want to see return to Star Wars canon.

I'll start.

1: E-Wing, K-Wing, and maybe T-Wing starfighters.  Just because I've always liked the E-Wing and K-Wing.

2: Metal-Crystal Phase-Shifters.  Always liked that weapon, was unique compared to the other weapons in SW.

3: The Yuuzhan Vong.  Okay, I'm probably in the minority here, but I feel that if they were revamped (and the pointlessly "edgy" aspects dropped), the Yuuzhan Vong would make a great addition to the new SW canon.  That, and they were originally supposed to appear in TCW.

4: Mara Jade.  

5: Gilad Pellaeon.

Now, this is going to make me seem like a Turbo-Heretic, but, since I never played the KOTOR games... I honestly don't care all that much if Revan returns to canon or not.

There are also a few things that I really wish would remain Non-Canon.  Namely, the Sun King, Snow King, Leaf Queen, Flower Queen, and Season Scepter from the "Ewoks" cartoon.  Traviss' Mandalorian-fangirling can also remain in "Legends".  So can Jaxxon.  And Daala.  And the Galaxy Gun, World Devastators, Sun Crusher, and whatever other superweapons Palpatine kept pulling out of his ass.  And C-3PX.  And IG-88's plan to upload himself into the second Death Star's computer core.  And the "Legacy of the Force" series.  And... screw it, 95% of everything in Legends.

You're too late for the Galaxy Gun, unless you don't count the functionally identical Starkiller Base.

I'd like to see two things:

1) The awe and terror-inspiring majesty of a Base Delta Zero on the big screen

2) The even more awe and terror-inspiring majesty of the Errant Venture. In the appropriate colour.

3 hours ago, Captain Seafort said:

You're too late for the Galaxy Gun, unless you don't count the functionally identical Starkiller Base.

I really only included the Galaxy Gun due to it being one of the seemingly endless number of superweapons that would show up.  It wasn't so much about not having something that could do what the Galaxy Gun did, as it was commentary on the "oh look, ANOTHER Imperial superweapon!" plots of the early EU.

21 hours ago, Khas said:

I really only included the Galaxy Gun due to it being one of the seemingly endless number of superweapons that would show up.  It wasn't so much about not having something that could do what the Galaxy Gun did, as it was commentary on the "oh look, ANOTHER Imperial superweapon!" plots of the early EU.

Fair enough, although to be fair to the GG, it was one of the first, if not the first of that seemingly-endless string of increasingly-silly plot devices, and one of the more plausible and interesting.  It certainly wasn't as bad as the Sun Crusher.