News Ticker
  • IPB version 4.2 installed!
    Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Announcements

• Commander RayCav

CRITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT - THE FATE OF ASVS IS EFFECTED BY THIS DEVELOPMENT   03/02/2018

The Orville >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ad infinium >>>>>>> ST: Discovery (aka Star Trek: PTSD) and Tilly is still a meme character. Carry on.
    • Commander RayCav

Memorial Announcement for Gear of Troll Kingdom   04/02/2018

As far as I'm aware he wasn't a member but some members of this board crossed over. Khas has told me he died of cancer, and regardless what community he will be missed.
    • Commander RayCav

PLEASE READ - tagging me on Facebook and my retirement   04/09/2018

It has come to my attention that I'm being tagged on Facebook posts by members of ASVS including the administration and moderatorship here. As I use that Facebook profile strictly for professional development...I have to request that you guys stop. I'm not kidding when I say it might become a serious liability, especially since I work in an industry extremely sensitive to things we joke about here. And with that, it has also come to my attention that the entire Commander RayCav persona has also become a liability towards my continued professional development - and so as of this moment I've decided to permanently retire it. I'm shutting this account down and I'm surrendering all moderatorship and administratorship responsibilities and privileges. I'll reregister under a new name as a regular member.
Gunbird

"Black Smoke Over Blue Water"

Gunbird    519

(Well, setting up this game took longer than I expected it to. Trying to figure out the plot and rules and other details was a bit tough.

I just have to add two things to the rules.

First, someone  told me that the guards would normally only be armed with non-lethal weapons like a baton and/or a taser. The only time you will be carrying your guns will be up top on the deck and in the bridge. The lethal weapons will be in a locker with a retina scanner.

The second thing is that your PCs can get killed or seriously injured. Don't get too worried, it's not going to be a meat grinder or anything like that. I want you to win. I just want to put in a risk factor.

Okay, let's start this game 
that I call "Black Smoke Over Blue Water")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_B2h_rMTK8

Early morning, the cold of the Arabian night was giving way to the dry heat of the desert sun. The sun was already warming up the 25 miles of black highway that connects the Qatari capital of Doha to the Umm Said industrial area.

A column of five vans are heading down this road. A common sight to see, which is a good thing for the contractors of Clear Water. Even though Qatar is far from the hell holes of Afghanistan and Iraq, it helps to be discreet, especially since the country just gained its trust back with its Arabian neighbors. Maxergy was one of the first foreign oil companies to take advantage of the lift of the embargo. And Maxergy need it since  they had one of there ships got damaged and another they have to pay a ransom in secret.

Maxergy was one of the first foreign oil companies to take advantage of the lift of the embargo. And Maxergy needed to, since one of their ships had been damaged by pirates, and they had to pay a ransom in secret for another.

You are riding in a van with your coworkers, waiting to arrive at your destination. Murtada Asim, one of the riflemen and former sailor of the Royal Jordanian Navy, is trying his best to get more sleep, but the occasional bump in the pavement kept waking him up, making him mutter in Arabic. Another rifleman, or should we say woman, a former Brazilian Highway Policewoman named Andreia Silvia, is taking pictures of the scenery and typing on her smartphone. A British Marine named Adam Baker, who is the designated marksman, is listening to what sounded like trip-hop on his phone. The machine gunner, a big Polish man called Marek Eliasz, is reading "Cell" from Stephen King. Judging by the look on his face, he doesn't look like he's enjoying the story. And finally Hannu Tommi, who worked for Finnish Security Intelligence Service as a surveillance equipment technician, was just staring out the window.

What do you do to pass the time until you arrive at the ship?

• Thanks 1

IkaikaKekai    10,518

Rifleman Henry Labranche was on his third bottle of water since the airport.  "Fucking pills." he muttered, the dramamine was just starting to wear off.  He took another swig of water and swished it around in his mouth, holding it for a long time before swallowing.  He looked at the scenery as well, he decided to try and spark up a conversation, "So anyone else see that little island as we were landing?  How much do you think one of those places cost?  I think I'd be wicked pissed if I found out my mansion was next to an airport though." his new england accent was coming on thick, he'd swirl and swish more water before emptying the bottle, smashing it and sealing the cap before tossing it in the trash bag.  "Can someone pass me another one?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Gunbird    519

(Well, its been almost a week. I guess this game will back and forth between me  and Ikaika till the other player join. I should have started this game “after“the holidays.)

The big Polish man lost his attention of his book when he heard  Henry ask for more water .” Another bottle!? You'll get water poisoning if you drink too much!”

Adam pulled his earphones out and replied to Marek in a cockney accent.” Oi mate, I think he needs a little bit more water after tripping out on those pills.” A Smart ass 
grin formed on his face.

Andreia lowered  phone and gave the Brit dagger eyes.” Seriously!? You been working 
with him for almost a year and you don't know he gets sick whenever he gets on the 
plane?”

Adam put his hands up like he was about to get about to get hit. “Whoa lass! I was just joking. I know perfectly well he's taking that dramamine for. You been working with me long enough to know that'll like to kid around, right?"

Despite all the talking Mutada was fast asleep. And Hannu was muttering something in Finnish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

IkaikaKekai    10,518

Henry would unbuckle his seatbelt and climb into the back of the van to get to the cooler., "The Labranches got water in their blood.  Granted it's seawater, but still..."  He climbed back into his seat after grabbing a bottle of water and buckled up.  "Oh no, If I just get on a plane it's no problem.  Soon as I reach an altitude of over 10 feet and go anywhere over 10 Knots my stomach decides it wants to leave my body."  He swirled the water in his mouth before spitting it into the bottle, scratching an 'H' into the label with his thumbnail.  "And how anyone would enjoy the 'high' of dramamine is fucking beyond me.  Half the time I wonder if taking the pills is worth it."  He'd take another swig of water.  He glanced at the book Marek was trying to read and planed to prank him later with a phone call.

• Haha 1

Basileus    508

Lucius Clay the rifleman sat on the far end of the middle bench seat of the van with his muscular arms crossed over his chest. His "boonie" hat was over his face, as he tried to catch some shut-eye, with about as much success as Asim. He reached up with one burly hand, and lifted the hat just enough for one of his eyes to glance out as Henry expectorated his water back into his bottle. "Nasty, man," he said with a heavy African American accent before dropping the hat back into place over his face. Recrossing his limbs, he made a dry cough as he resumed trying to sleep. Finally giving up the losing battle, he took off the hat and sat upright, rubbing one hand on his shaved bald pate. His complexion was the color of dark roast coffee, contrasted by the bright whites of his corneas and the grill of his clenched teeth. "Can't wait to get on the ship, man. Wide open seas is where it's at. Nobody can sneak up on you, doin' shit. You keep your eyes peeled, you'll see any mo-fos before they get close to boardin'. No surprises." Obviously, Clay had a bad experience somewhere in his thirty years of life, part of it on an Afghanistan rotation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In his mid-twenties with a slim but muscular frame, almost omnipresent goofy grin and tanned complexion Jake Colt looked more like a surfer than anything. Waking slowly as the van hit another bump in the spotty excuse for a road he raised his head. A hand going to massage a kink in his neck before the vain rifleman ran a hand through his hair making sure none of it had fallen out of place. Making a face at Henry spitting back in his bottle before reaching for one of his own. Unscrewing and taking a generous swallow sitting back down he looked back at Henry's bottle before scratching his own "J" into his.

Glancing at Lucius he smiles trying to strike up a conversation.

" So you've done this before?" He asks curiously." Me, most of my jobs kept me on dry land before this."

Adding a slight deprecating laugh to the end of that.

"Not that I'm a complete sod or anything, I swear." He hastily adds.

• Like 1

Khas    12,157

Dennis Werner - a tall man of mixed German and Native American descent, as well as the night supervisor - sat in the back of the van, reading the book he'd brought along for the ride - "Pushing Ice", by Alastair Reynolds, to be precise.  Always a fairly quiet man, he had barely paid any attention to his comrades' conversations.   However, from time to time, he'd look up from his book, just to see what his fellows were up to.  On the most recent "look-up", he saw Henry spit into his bottle, before drinking the water again.  That sight had made Dennis grimace - few things had managed to get that reaction from him, but this was definitely one of them.

"For fuck's sake, man, how can you DO that?" he asked.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Gunbird    519

(OK, everybody is here. We will do a few post before the PC go on the ship. Sorry for the wait.)

Oh and here is a video about Privet Maritime Security. https://youtu.be/SyPzeZYeQZ8 )

“Because its a joke Henry.”  British Said while rolling his eyes. “Im just trying to leading up the situation here.”

The former cop once agin replied in annoyance at Adam.  “I think what most of use need is some rest before our shift. That nonstop plane ride has taken a tole on us, especially Henry.”

Marek was listening to Lucius’s enthusiasm with working on a ship. The gunner opened his mouth but was pondering on what to say to him. Stupid deep breath and spoke.“I don't want to upset you ,Lucius , but at night and/or in dense weather those little skiffs the pirates usually use can only be seen at 500 m or less. And if it's not too windy those things can go  25 to 30 knots, we would have a or so frusta respond before they get to the ship.”  

Merek then answered Jake. “Our head manger, Brian was a Navy SEAL and Murtada and Adam had plenty of time out on sea. It’s rely to that different then a land base operation. No need worry about it.”

Almost everyone(The  night shift NPC’s) look at Dennis when he ask the question, with surprise. It took a moment before Marek finally break the silence. “You okay Dennis? You seemed a bit wound up.”

IkaikaKekai    10,518

The New Englander would lift up his bottle in a mock toast as he took another swig and spit.  "Cottonmouth's a motherfucker and Marek's got a point about water intoxication.  Friend of mine nearly died from that shit.  I'd rather not fly out all this way just to get benched, unless one of you guys wanna do a double shift and I still get paid."  He took a swig of water and swallowed this time.  He looked forward as he took part of the conversations going on, "Open sea's not to bad, so long as you're doing work.  When you've got nothing to do it's fucking mind numbing.  Fishing boat's always got something to do, detangling line and nets, baiting traps."  He'd swish and spit again, trying to be more discreet about it, he turned to Jake, "This'll make 6 Anti Pirate duties so far.  Gotta say out of everything I've done, this is numbah two."  He'd look to Lucius, "He's right, rain or fog and we're not looking and the bastards can get a shot off."

• Like 1

Basileus    508

Lucius nodded to Jake, and glanced at Henry, Dennis and Marek as he said, "Yeah, man, first cruise with Clear Water was on a container ship off the horn of Africa, and it was smooth like butter. Nothing like A-stan. See, the way I see it, you might be able to sneak up in some quiet ass boat, but now you've got a fifty foot vertical wall of wet metal to climb just to get on board a ship, and while you're movin' at cruisin' speed. Out in open water, the waves be slappin' you silly, and if you fall in, there's a pair of twenty foot diameter Cuisinarts astern trying to suck you in and puree you. I say, Mistuh Pirate, you give it your best shot. You make it up to the railing, and we'll give YOU our best shots, right in center mass." He raised his beefy hands mimicking holding a rifle, and made a *pow* sound as his arms bucked, pretending to take a shot. "Then you fall overboard and get sliced and diced. Chump becomes chum." He flashed his bright toothy smile, which disappeared as he added, "Yeah, not like A-stan."

• Like 1

"That's good to know." Jake says to Marek looking relieved.

Taking another drink listening to Lucius, swishing the water around before he swallowed, immediately warming up to the man's enthusiasm.  Leaning forward slightly grinning listening eagerly as the man pantomimed shooting his rifle.

"Sounds like you got a plan there my friend." He says with a nod towards Lucius. "  Yeah, smooth as butter. Damn near going to be a shooting gallery."

Becoming more confident the more he listens and thinks about it. His grinning getting wider perhaps looking forward too much to the "fun" ahead of them.

Khas    12,157

(I apologize for being so late.  February was a crazy month for me.)

Dennis chuckled a bit at Marek's question.

"No, I'm not wound up.  Just... kinda grossed out that Henry did that."  he said, returning to his book.  He drowned out the rest of the conversations his squadmates were having until he heard Lucius mention Afghanistan.

"Sorry, but you please not mention that country?  I'd rather not relive some real fucked-up memories from when I was there with the French Foreign Legion."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gunbird    519
Posted (edited)

(And Im sorry for not running the game. Im also finding a game of hunter so I was a bit desiccated.)

Adam was chuckling with with Lucius and  Jake about how esay the job will be and A-stan till Dennis told them not bring up the subject. “Sorry there boss …… I did mean to bring back some bad memories. I had a bad time there too. I’ll just leave it at that.”

“Lets just change the subject then.” Andreia said while putting away her phone. Before anyone can say more, Hannu finally broke his silents. “  So what do you think about the companywe are work for?  Maxergy I mean.”

“What about Maxergy?”Adam replied. “We been with many oil companies before.”

Hannu shook his. “Yes i know but have you herd of what trouble this country been in this past few years? They lost there diplomatic ties after this country was supporting the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran.* Sure, It got it’s trust from its numbers back resonantly, but why would Maxergy would come back here so early?”

*( Here is some info about the Qatar diplomatic crisis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Qatar_diplomatic_crisis   ) 

Edited by Gunbird
Bad link.

IkaikaKekai    10,518

Henry stayed silent at the mention of Afghanistan, he had never been and had gotten shit about it from both family and friends.  Very few aunts and uncles understood that an Airman with severe airsickness in the Security Forces wouldn't be sent to kick in doors or drop bombs on the 'Al Kaidahs'.  He sipped more water, emptying the bottle and smashing it before recapping so it'd stay smashed.  "Long as they'ah not having me shoot innocents or protesteahs, I got no problem with em.  Other than that all I got to say is money talks, and oil is still big money.  No Oil, no gas, no tractahs or fishing boats, no trucks or trains hauling food, no fuel to keep the house warm in wintah."  His mouth was already dry and he was eyeing another bottle of water.

Basileus    508

Lucius raised his eyebrows. "Dennis, man, you were with the Légion étrangère? Respect. I won't mention it again in your presence." He closed his eyes and nodded to him.

His eyes popped open again when Andreia, Adam, Hannu, and Henry began discussing Qatari current events and Maxergy. "See, that's what I don't get about what the Saudis and the others are accusin' the Qataris of doin'. The Muslim Brotherhood is a Sunni Muslim organization founded in Egypt. The Iranians are Shiites. They're like oil and water, day and night. Besides, Shia Muslims barely make up somethin' like ten percent of the population. The Qataris were supportin' the Saudis in attacking the Shia Houthis in Yemen. Combined with the belligerence of Iran, there's no plausible motivation for Qatar to support Iran or terrorists. Ya know what I think? Somebody has skin in that game, and wanted to break up the coalition between the Saudis and the Qataris. What better way than to fabricate some evidence, let it slip to the right ears, and the whole works start comin' apart.

"See, when I was a kid, I used to get accused of all kinds of shit by damn liars. Whenever somethin' was missin', some mofo would whisper that I was seen near it. I spent my grade school years turnin' out my pockets, openin' my locker for teachers to search it, all kinds of degradin' humiliation. I know it was racially motivated, but nobody but brothers and sisters would understand. I didn't fight it, because my mama told me not to, and I saw what happened to brothers and sisters that did." He tapped an index finger on his temple. "You gotta use your head, not just to survive, but to make your life better. That's why I'm gonna keep an open mind about the Qataris. Not judge a book by its skin. Maybe Maxergy is the same way. Shit, who am I kiddin'. They're a corporation, it's all about gettin' the oil money locked up first. Dig?" The irony of not being judgmental about Qatar while dismissing the oil company as only concerned with lucrative relations with the country didn't seem to phase Lucius.

• Like 1

"What do I think of Maxergy? I guess a job's a job right? I mean we're just being paid to protect Maxergy's stuff like Henry said.  Nothing else concerns us. Besides, isn't it a little late to worry about it?" Jake says with his usual bravado.

However its clear he isn't really sure he believes that or not. Looking almost unsettled by Hannu's question and its implications. Rather sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. In his own black and white world he was always the gallant hero at odds with some of the more grisly things he'd done in the past. Contradictions he generally tried not to dwell on.

"As far as I'm concerned none of "us" should be out over on this side of the world but..." He shrugs." That's why they pay us."

At hearing Dennis served with the Foreign Legion he gives a warm, goofy smile as he nods respectfully towards the other man. Reciting, in very badly accented French, "Honneur et Fidélité" and makes an effort to sit up a little straighter.

Khas    12,157

Dennis shrugged at the mentioning of Maxergy.  

"To be honest, I haven't heard much about them.  Which either means that they're just starting up, or they've got some damn good people covering their tracks."

As usual, Dennis stayed quiet during the discussion of Middle-Eastern politics, preferring merely to listen to what the others said.  That was, until both Lucius and Jake replied to his comment about serving in the French Foreign Legion, at which point he just had to smile.

"Thanks." he said to both of them.  "Or rather, merci."

Gunbird    519

(Sorry, that I cant think of any more to write in this turn. I give more details on my next turn.)

Hannu sighed.“Sorry, I’m just worried that Clear Water and Maxergy  is making a bit of a gamble. Who ever was running that scandal might still pulling the strings today.I’ve seen that sort of crap while working for the FSIS” He turned hs gaze though the window. After a awkward silents he look at the group”I never told you that I hated my former job, did I”?

A few minutes later, the convo managed to arrive at Umm Said Industrial area. You can see the typical site of warehouse, oil refineries, factories and business buildings before arriving at the port. After going though the Guard post you see a large green and white oil tanker appropriately named the Green Whale.As the convoy stops , the Main Supervisor, Brian R Callaghan, a 45 year old Irish American man with salt-and-pepper hair and pretty athletic build for his age walks out of the lead vehicle and turns towards you. “Alright people, lets meet and greet the crew of the ship then bring our gear onboard.” He said in a friendly but professional voice. He then starts walking towards the ship.

IkaikaKekai    10,518

Henry would just look at Lucius, "Gahd damn Luces.  That's some deep shit.  I usually gotta delete my browsah history after hearing something like that."  He grabbed the bottle of water and sipped it again, stopping with the back wash technique that wasn't really working to cure his cottonmouth.  "Think of it this way, we'rah Mercenaries.  We'rah soldiers for money.  That means we'rah hired by people with money but can't have their own ahmy for whatever reason.  Oar we get hired by somebody with an ahmy and they don't want their fingerprints all oveah things.  At some point we'rah gonna be working for the bad guys.  We're just lucky Clear Water itself is on the up and up."  He sipped more water, "Hell, my fucking neighbah three properties down wanted tah hire me ta kill his wife.  Befoah ya ask that fuckah's in jail.  The wife still sends me a pork pie every Christmas." he sat back with a smirk on his face.

"Uhmm Said." Henry read off the sign, in the 'american' way of saying it.  "Ah, who the hell am I kidding.  That could be the name of a beach back home."  He joked around, "Hey Andreia, wanna go clamming up at Ummsaid?  We can get some ice cream at Goose Rocks on the way theah."  Henry would get out of the car once it came to a stop,  Nodding to Brian as he got his luggage out of the back.  "What's the crew looking like?"

Basileus    508

Lucuis nodded as he listened to Henry. He laughed out loud at his anecdote about the neighbor. "Dayum, some people, man," he said with a toothy grin. "But yeah, I hear ya. I don't profess to know hella lot about Middle Eastern politics, shoot their bad blood goes back over a thousand years, man. Of course, before that ya had the Persians and Romans and Greeks all takin' turns lordin' over this land. I don't blame 'em for mistrustin' outsiders, so maybe that's what got the Saudis all riled up. Anyway, good advice, man, I'll let it drop." He gave Henry a thumbs-up, as the van pulled through the security gate. Seeing the Green Whale, Lucius beamed. "There she is. Lookin' mighty fine. Good vision and firing lines along the flush deck, little in the way of structures cluttering it up."  He flashed a grin at Marek and Jake. "I mean, in case of trouble, of course." As the van came to a halt, he was closest to the handle of the side door, so he grabbed it and slid it open. The outside air smacked him in the face like a hot, damp mattress. "Oof. Good thing we got acclimated already. Now to see if I still has my 'sea legs'..." Rounding the open rear door, he grabbed up his duffle bag and gear, and followed the others up to the tanker.

"Of course." Jake smirks good naturedly back at Lucuis.

Finishing off and crushing his bottle of water as he gets out. Catching his reflection as he does he can't help but reflexively smooth out his hair one final time checking his appearance. Before throwing his own duffel bag over his shoulder. Still a certain nervousness in his eyes he's trying to hide but there's a giddy excitement to them as well. Taking out a fresh, unopened pack of cigarettes from his vest pocket he makes to open them, then reconsiders. Putting them away and taking out a matchstick from a book of matches. Chewing on the end of it habitually in a desperate attempt to ignore his nicotine cravings.

Taking the rest of his gear he heads towards the boat, checking along the clear fields of fire along the flush deck Lucuis pointed out.

"Heh, don't suppose anyone knows any good sea shanties, Huh?" He askes.

Khas    12,157

Dennis smirked at Jake's suggestion, while picking up his own duffel bag.

"Oh, just the usual classic - 'Drunken Sailor'.  Which actually is much longer than most people know." he chuckled, and started following the others onto the boat.  "And I'll be more than happy to teach the whole song to you.  I WAS voted 'best singer' in my company back when I was with the Legion, after all."

Gunbird    519

Andreia roll her eyes when she herd Henry’s joke. “Sorry I’m married with a kid. So no thanks .”

Brian then answer his qustion. “Captan is a local and the crew is mostly too. They have a good record , which is why Maxergy hired them. “

Marek chatches Jake pulling out his cigaret. “Um Jake…..didn’t Brian say in the briefing that none of us can smoke on that ship?  Hell I don't think you can use those vapor device.” Murtada finally spoke since the beginning of the road trip.”It great that I’m going out on the water. I can sleep better in rough waves better then that damn van. Oh and I think that Texas Ranger has chewing tobacco if you like that stuff.”

Adam smiled when he herd Jake question. “I remember the marching songs from the RM.  Also have guitar and know a few folk songs in case we get bored sea faring ones.”

Some fellow employees, mostly from the morning shift grab the containers with you weapons and equipment from the cargo van and bring them in the ship. As you board the ship you three man waiting for on the deck. On man is chubby middle age Arabian man wearing a captains uniform and cap. There 2 thiner and younger man next to him.“Greetings my name is  Khayrat Tabassum , welcome aboard on the SSGreen Whale .  This my first mate, Imen Jaffar and my  second  mate, Aaliyah Fararag.” He said to you all as he puts his hand out to Brian  ”Welcome  aboard!” Brian shakes his hand. “Thank you captan.” The former Seal the orders the morning team to bring the weapons and equipment in the storage compartment and get reddy for there shift when the ship leaves the docks.

(okay I want all of you to do a observation Roll.Use a 10 sided dice.)

You go to in your cabins and wait for your shift at night. What do you do before you go to sleep?

Jake, still chewing on his matchstick, gives  Marek a kind of "really?" expression. Having never expected they'd enforce the rule. But he realizes it isn't worth making a fuss over and besides he was trying to quit. 

"Yeah...sorry. Old habits." He gives a shrug at Macrek.

*To Dennis* "Best singer huh? "*Grins* "That I have to hear." He nods coaxing the other man, joining in as Dennis starts. Becoming quite obvious Jake *wasn't* voted best singer in his company. But he seems to enjoy himself. Eventually making his way to his cabin. The others can tell there's still an edge of nervousness about him but he's also eager to prove himself. Eagerly waiting for his shift to start.

Edit: Actually, if possible Jake would want to try to see and get the lay of the ship as much as possible before his shift starts. So he'd try to explore as much as he could without breaking any rules or anything. 

(Okay, did a 1d10. Got a 9.)

IkaikaKekai    10,518

((I rolled a 2...))

Herny would chuckle, continuing with the joke, "And?  You can bring him and the kid along too, kids still like ice cream right?  We can all go clamming up at Uhmmsaid."  He turned to Brain, "I might have glanced over the briefing rather than read it in full.  We gonna be training these guys too or is it just overwatch?  I'm mean I'm up for training these guys on how not to get shot by us or pirates but you know I only speak Boston and English as a second language."  He said joking around a little before boarding.  "I know a few, anyone else know 'Old Maui'?" He asked as they started talking about other songs.  "I ever tell you guys I got some French to go with the Irish?  Shame gramie never taught me or my dad how to speak it."  He would shake the captain's hand firmly as he got onboard, "Good to meet ya, hopefully there won't be a need for us on this trip."

Once he got on board and to his bunk he'd stash his bag, pulling out a headset/ear protection and a beat up ipod, along with an old blue beret from his Airforce days.  He'd put the beret on and then the headset, plugging the Ipod into it before selecting 'Moonlight Sonata'.  He walked out and started to do a few laps around the ship, starting with the top of the bridge and working his way down, making sure to stay out of the way of the crew.